Search

Saturday, May 12

TASTY TRAVELS | Rhinehart's Oyster Bar

Rhinehart's Oyster Bar
B. 305 North Bel Air Rd.
Evans, Ga. 30809
706-868-6850
Sunday - Thursday 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday and Saturday - 11 a.m. - Midnight 




Anthony and I were staying at a hotel nearby and saw a menu for Rhinehart's Oyster Bar. They had a special on fried shrimp and we both love shrimp so thought, why not? He's from Maryland so he knows crab and great seafood. I'm from North Carolina, have been to the outer banks, and I'm Bengali so I know my fish lol. Upon arrival their gravel lot was completely full (good sign of good dining!) and there were no seats to occupy outside. It looks like a broken down shack you'd see by the beach from the outside and a very run down inside with scribbles covering every inch of the wall. It's a dive bar. It looks like crap. Rhinehart's has a loud fun atmosphere and their seafood is just amazing! I haven't had such delicious seafood in quite some time. Sushi doesn't count. It was clean too, just not fancy. That's all that matters to me!







Order
2 orders of their sunday dinner special
Flaky fried shrimp (one spicy)
Fries
Coleslaw
Pasta salad
Grilled toasted roll




yum!
If you're looking for silverware and glasses. This isn't the place. Here you get plasticware and a paper towel roll for when you dig into your food and go nuts.They're always packed so where does the money go?

 Into the food.




It's a ma and pa restaurant. Rhinehart's slogan is "beyond casual" and it was named after Amy and Craig's aunt Nancy. Most items are around $10 or under which makes it a deal because it's seafood and boy do they load up your plate! I don't even like coleslaw but I ate a few bites and I could tolerate it, haha! It's a great place for a casual lunch or dinner and it's kid friendly too. If you came hungry you're going to leave happy. If you just want to go drinking, the prices are very cheap. If you're snobby, don't even bother entering. Seriously, you won't make it out alive. 






Had to wait for the crowd to leave

Look at all the left overs! We were stuffed!!




I'm drooling for some Rhinehart's after looking at these pictures. I'll try something with their oysters next time. I can't wait to go back! I've already decided that for my last day here in Augusta that's where I'd like to dine before I go home (which is any day now!) I wish there was a Rhinehart's around Atlanta. And a Carolina Ale House. Oh how I love thee! 



xoxo
B

2 comments:

  1. cheap drinks and fun atmosphere? i'd like it :) that pasta looks especially tasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! :) I need to try more seafood.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...