Search

Wednesday, October 30

REVIEW | Maybelline On The Runway Fall 2013 Lipstick

I was on the hunt for purple lipsticks that looked similar to MAC's limited edition lipstick Heroine. It's a beautiful bright creamy purple color. As I hit Walgreen's my eye caught Maybelline's display of their new fall collection. The limited edition collection is called On The Runway and it features lipsticks, glosses, palettes, and nail polishes. All of which might I add have bright and bold shades of shades of purple and fuchsia. They have four creme finish lipsticks available.


#1005 Midnight Plum (deep black plum) 
#1000 Lavender Voltage (cool bright purple)
#995 Violet Intrigue ( warm purple with a hint of pink)
#990 Fuchsia Fierce (warm bright candy pink)


Since I was on a mission to get some purple lipsticks to add to my collection, I picked up both of the purples.






Aren't they gorgeous?


Daylight

Flash 


#995 Violet Intrigue

Daylight
With Lip Liner & Flash
With Lip Liner & Daylight


_______________________________________________________________________________


#1000 Lavender Voltage

Daylight
 With Lip Liner & Flash
 With Lip Liner & Daylight




Make Up Forever #12C Lip Liner
Flash
 Daylight



PROS
  • Affordable ($5.50-7 varies by location)
  • Available in most drugstores
  • Unique color
  • Creamy moisturizing lipstick
  • Shows up on pigmented lips


CONS
  • Limited Edition
  • A little streaky upon application
  • Not long lasting formula


OVERALL THOUGHTS

 I'm very happy with my purchase! I love both of the colors. They are creamy and moisturizing. Opaque enough where it doesn't look like a streaky gloss on my pigmented lips. I like to wear them with lip liners. MAC, NYX, and Make Up Forever has great purple, plum, and black plum lip liners. The lipsticks are not formulated to be long lasting so the liners also help with the staying power. The only reason I didn't buy the other two colors is because I already had similar shades. Maybelline has another bright pink lipstick similar to the one in this collection and I own enough deep black plum shades that I could care for. It's just not a shade I pick up often so the ones that I have will last a lifetime! If you are uncomfortable wearing the purple shades but want to venture into it try the Violet Intrigue. It is more of a warm purple with hints of pink. I would say it's still bright but more wearable than the Lavender Voltage.






XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...