Search

Tuesday, January 29

REVIEW | Maybelline Color Sensational VIVID Lipstick Review + Swatches


I wanted to see if they really were that vivid on my pigmented lips so I picked up some up. 
For only $5.50 at Target or Walmart you really can't beat the price!

Pink Pop, Fuchsia Flash, Hot Plum, Brazen Berry



BEFORE
NC 35-37 and usually a medium/beige shade with yellow/golden undertones


Pink Pop 

Fuchsia Flash

 Hot Plum 

 Brazen Berry
     



FLASH
 NATURAL LIGHT


 PROS
-affordable around $5.50 (depends on location)
-can find them in most drugstores
-bright vivid colors show up on darker complexions
-creamy smooth formula
-long lasting for a lipstick (wore Fuchsia Flash for 8 hrs and it still looked great! No fade!)

CONS
-some colors apply streaky
-can't try on colors in store

RATINGS
5-Must have!
4-Worth buying
3-It's alright but I can live without it
2-I don't recommend this
1-Waste of money! Stay away from this as 
it may cause you to have a bad bad day.


Not too many cons there! All the colors are bright and they all have a sheen to them. I would recommend using a lip liner of a similar shade for this lipsticks because they are very creamy and brighter colors look better with a crisp edge. I normally go for mattes in bright colors but I like these! I'm very impressed with their formula. Pink Pop and Brazen Berry I was a bit disappointed in however, those I needed to swipe quite a few times for these swatches because they would apply streaky. Fuchsia Flash and Hot Plum were gorgeous and applied opaque in 2 coats. Those two lasted longer on my lips than the other ones for me as well. I wore Fuchsia Flash for 8 hrs one day and there was no fading, not even in the corners. That surprised me considering these are very creamy lipsticks with a sheen. I rate this line of lipsticks a 5! Fuchsia Flash is probably my favorite and I got lots of compliments on it 

XOXO
B


5 comments:

  1. These are so bright! But I guess that's the point. I wish I was brave enough to sport bright colors like this. The brightest colors I have worn on my lips have been from the CoverGirl Lip Perfection line in Hot Passion and Flame, which are like reds. I would try them out! They last forever, the only red lipsticks I've tried that don't come off easily. They do tend to stain the lips, but I can usually get it off with a lip scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the color Hot Plum and loving it!

    ReplyDelete

  3. I bought the product here. it's so good.
    https://nordicwallcanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the product here. it's so good. https://daisycorners.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the product here. Freeship but very fast https://wallcorners.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...