Search

Monday, October 13

REVIEW | Keurig 2.0 K550 - Is It Worth It?

I. LOVE. COFFEE. I love my Keurig. When Influenster asked me if I would do a survey for something coffee related I thought, "Sure why not? I love coffee." I thought maybe they'd send me a VoxBox filled with coffee flavored goodies or new flavors of coffees by Keurig. Coming home from work one day and finding a huge box at my doorstep was just the first of my many surprises that week. I was on the phone with my friend while trying to open this big box of whatthehellisthis. After a little struggle with slicing through all the tape with a knife and pulling out the box while still on the phone, I couldn't believe my eyes. I was sent the brand new Keurig 2.0 K550 even before it hit the shelves! OMG!!! I set it up immediately and took a step back to admire its beauty. After using it for well over a month, as much as I love coffee and Keurig Coffee Makers, now I'm not fully convinced this is really an upgrade. Why? Just read below! 


My Morning Routine :)
Cow mug from Marshalls



PROS

  • Easy to use
  • Variety of flavors (250+ !)
  • Brews multiple cups of coffee at once
  • Large 80oz water reservour
  • 2.8 in color touch display
  • Auto brew
  • Programmable clock
  • Mess free




CONS

  • Price (179.99 USD)
  • Can Only Use Keurig Brand K-Cups
  • Cannot Use "My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter"

OVERALL THOUGHTS
As stated above, I love coffee and I love my Keurig. However, just because I was sent this amazing coffee maker doesn't mean I didn't see all the negative sides of it either. Remember how I said earlier that I had several surprises that week? Well, one was the actual package. Thank you Influenster and Keurig for this awesome campaign. Two, I learned that ONLY Keurig brand K-Cups will work in this machine. You can't use any of those other brands that make k-cups. It's to "Guarantee that when you press the brew button, you'll get the perfect beverage at the perfect temperature. Every Time." I would like to think that if I spent the extra dollar on a Keurig Coffee Maker, it damn well better make the perfect beverage at the perfect temperature. EVERY TIME. No matter what brand I use because I will only use coffee flavors that I like. And three, you can't use "My K-Cup" reusable coffee filters with this anymore! Why?! That's my worst surprise. I look forward to buying whatever coffee I like and gourmet coffees and using it in that filter. Now it's useless. Oh why oh WHY Keurig? That's just asking me to hate you a little. 

I do think the 2.0 is still a great machine. It's so simple and easy to use that my husband can use it. Hah! Just kidding, he makes great coffee the regular way too. It's the first, to my knowledge, that lets you use the Carafe and make multiple cups of coffee at once. It's great when you have a group of friends over. It's fall season right now and winters just around the corner. We love cozy drinks in my household. Remember that you can make teas, hot cocoas, and lots of other beverages in this too! 

I think this would be a great fit for companies. It makes multiple cups of coffee fast and I think the design is fitting. It's rather large and bulky in a an apartment kitchen like mine. It looks a bit too much sometimes but it's not like I'm putting up mine anytime soon. I truly do use mine everyday. I am NOT a morning person and waking up at 5 ain't easy! I've been using Keurigs for years along with regular coffee makers. Nothing compares to how fast and easy Keurigs are. I personally do not care for the "upgrades" they have besides that multi-cup option. The fact that you can change the lights is kind of cool but it doesn't really interest me. In a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, I would rate this a 7 because I would love to have back what they took away from the other versions of Keurig Coffee Makers. 









Products mentioned were sent by Influenster for consideration of a review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...