Search

Friday, January 3

REVIEW | Olay Age Defying 2 in 1 Day Cream + Serum






What Is It?
Olay claims it to be a 2 in 1 formula that "deliver both hydration and lift at once". It part cream (fights wrinkles) and part serum (firms skin). This day cream + serum also provides the skin with intense moisture.


My Skin Type + Why Anti-Aging Skincare?
I have very oily skin that is prone to acne if something is too greasy. I don't really need anything to plump up my skin with moisture but I did want something that is anti-aging. I am in my mid 20's and preventative care is necessary. I found a twin pack at Sam's Club for about only $20 so I was curious to see how this "cream + serum" would feel and work on me.





PROS
  • Available in most drugstores and online retailers
  • $12.99-$15.00 USD at most places
  • Wonderful silky smooth texture
  • Non greasy light formula
  • Pump applicator

CONS
  • No SPF


OVERALL THOUGHTS
Normally I stay as far away from anything that says it provides intense moisture for the skin. I am a grease ball, I need light non greasy products for my skin type. Surprisingly this is now my favorite texture for a moisturizer! It feels SO smooth upon application, almost like a silicone based primer. It might feel that way because it is 10% glycerin. The texture is like a light cream and it stays put on your finger, it is not runny. I love this moisturizing cream because it's far from greasy and sinks right in. It left my face with a normal skin finish. No shine! I am not sure if it "plumped" up my skin but it did feel quite smooth. Due to the prime-like properties it fills in the pores and fine lines well. I feel like it's a great base for make and I have skipped on primer many times when using this.

The only thing I find odd is that for a day cream/serum it has no SPF. I'm not a huge fan of the feel of anything with SPF because it's all thick and greasy feeling on my skin but isn't SPF the #1 thing that is anti-aging? You will have to use a separate SPF lotion along with this to protect your skin from the sun. If I want SPF I just mix in my liquid sunscreen (L'Oreal Sublime Sun SPF 50+) along with this.

Have any of you tried this? Thoughts? I love this! I can't say that about too many moisturizers. I have used up both of mine. I will definitely buy this again.





XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...