Search

Tuesday, February 4

REVIEW | CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation



What Is It?
"All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long." - via CoverGirl's website

From my experience in the past, anything that claims to be an "all-in-one" usually ends up as a complete fail. Too many promises to keep. I have used this foundation for over a month now and I have to say...it's pretty darn GREAT! Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.









If you prefer, here's a video review!
I am wearing L'Oreal's crayon concealer which I reviewed here on my scars.



PROS
  • price
  • spf 20
  • blendable
  • long lasting
  • med-full coverage
  • great oil control
  • Pump


CONS
  • back flash 
  • available shades





OVERALL THOUGHTS
This is an amazing foundation. Of all the foundation reviews I have done, I have NEVER said that about any of them. Having very oily (more like greasy) skin feels like a curse. I might even call this my HG holy freakn grail foundation. I've never had one before! The only other foundation that I was very impressed with had been MAC Matchmaster and Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation. Both are high end and help control oil with good coverage. I found the quality of a HIGH END foundation in a drugstore foundation for less than half the price! CoverGirl's 3-in-1 cost me roughly $11 USD including tax!

It is not a very runny formula so you will have to spend a little more time blending it in and once you do you end up with a powder like finish. It isn't hard to blend with a sponge or brush at all. I love that it's mess free and comes with a pump that isn't so stiff that it squirts out way too much product! In the pictures above I do not have any primer or powder on. I have concealer under my eyes. The formula is medium to full coverage. It covered the lighter marks on my face pretty well. I still like to use concealer for acne scars to cover them even better but honestly 2 light layers of this foundation really does cover very well for me. It also lasted past 8 hrs strong! I usually blot at work and when I did there was barely any transfer and I still looked fine! With the SPF 20 I think it will be great to wear during the summer without your face melting off if you wanted to look extra nice on a hot summer day.

The only turn off about this foundation is the SPF. Yes it's a plus but it's a negative too because it does cause some terrible back flash. I wish the shades were a bit more yellow and that they had more shades available. It doesn't look horrible in person or anything but since I love the formula so much I SO wish it was a bit more golden for me. I can't say it takes the greatest pictures with flash but at the same time I'm for once not shiny in the pics! 


Have you tried this foundation? If you've done a review please leave a link I would love to read it! I had many requests to review this foundation earlier but I had to wait for my skin to calm down from trying out many other foundations. Oh, this didn't make me break out either -another plus! Thank you to all who requested it because thanks to you I've found an HG product! 






XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...